Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nothing is Worth More than This Day


It occurs to me today just how fortunate I am.  While out walking I saw a sweet-looking elderly gentleman pushing a woman in a wheel chair up the side of a busy main street where there was not even a pedestrian side walk.  I smiled as I passed them and his expression was kind but painfully defeated.  His life was hard, I could tell.  The woman in the wheelchair was, by the looks of it, completely incapacitated.  Thinking of the challenges they must go through daily and the fact that he was walking with her on a dangerously busy road, even in the absence of sidewalks, made my heart swell.

I have my health.  Regardless of whatever other challenges I may be facing, I am a whole, functioning, physically-able, human being.

I am a very lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment