Sunday, September 13, 2009

Irreplaceable Me

This weekend I sit here and ponder life. My ex husband has already found a new girlfriend (yes, she is 25) to spend his weekends with; my lover has found another woman to spend the weekend with....and here I sit, trying hard not to feel sorry for myself. If ever I harbored feelings of being "irreplaceable", they have taken the express train to Oblivion.

Perhaps not surprisingly, the notion of being someone's primary love interest has been on my mind lately. This is an avenue I did not properly explore while in my marriage. You see, my husband NEVER gave me any reason to be jealous. He always made me feel special and I never doubted how much he loved me...... I really never did; I now realize how lucky I was and I am so grateful to him for giving me that feeling of "continual love" throughout the years. Always I felt secure and safe and never threatened, and I now realize how nice (and special) those feelings were.

Although I was not faithful to my husband, I believe that I am a monogamous creature by nature. I continue to believe that it is possible to obtain the correct balance of freedom and growth "within" a relationship, to allow for many years of blissful co-existence. Finding the correct person to do this with, however, is the eternal dilemma.

The notion of being cherished as the most special person in someone's life is a good one; I am going to miss it....I do miss it. I am not good at sharing. I never wanted to share my toys when I was a child and I have no desire to be shared or to share the man I am in a relationship with. It is simply how I am built. In order to feel loved and secure I need to be the center of someone's world, as he will be the center of mine.

Okay, so I am not irreplaceable. Another lesson learned.

3 comments:

  1. charli, from reading your post, i think that the insights and self understanding that you exhibit are golden, and i think you are developing the wisdom that you will need on the road that you have chosen for yourself.

    i admire your honesty, your strength and your self awareness.

    i, like you am by nature monogamous, and am unable to share or be shared, there is nothing wrong with that, the trick as you are aware is to find someone that will mesh with you, so that the both of you will grow.

    good luck charli, you have been on my mind a lot lately, wondering how you are fairing, and coping.

    i hope everything is as well as can be expected.

    my thoughts are with you.

    finbar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Finbar...thank you so much for being here, throughout my travels; you are a dear and special man....you always have a fan in me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Were On My Mind
    We Five

    When I woke up this morning
    You were on my mind
    And you were on my mind
    I got troubles, whoa-oh
    I got worries, whoa-oh
    I got wounds to bind
    So I went to the corner
    Just to ease my pains
    Yeah, just to ease my pains
    I got troubles, whoa-oh
    I got worries, whoa-oh
    I came home again
    When I woke up this morning
    You were on my mi-i-i-ind and
    You were on my mind
    I got troubles, whoa-oh
    I got worries, whoa-oh
    I got wounds to bind
    And I got a feelin'
    Down in my sho-oo-oo-oes, said
    Way down in my sho-oo-oes
    Yeah, I got to ramble, whoa-oh
    I got to move on, whoa-oh
    I got to walk away my blues
    When I woke up this morning
    You were on my mind
    You were on my mind
    I got troubles, whoa-oh
    I got worries, whoa-oh
    I got wounds to bind

    ReplyDelete