Monday, February 2, 2009

Down the Rabbit Hole

The terror wasn't the falling,
the euphoria growing
with each downward spiral.
It was the thought of landing
that filled my heart with fear.

I am falling....
I have fallen,
from my protected place
where I was anonymous
though trying desperately
not to be
hoping He would "see" me
and realize
I was worthy
of befriending
And He Did.
I am falling....
and I understand
that He will not catch me
but I pray that He cares
enough
to be there
when I land.

In the end, when your choices
are....follow the talking rabbit into dreams
or cling to the safe river banks of your life,
what will you choose?

4 comments:

  1. "In the end, when your choices
    are....follow the talking rabbit into dreams
    or cling to the safe river banks of your life,
    what will you choose?"

    Safe river banks aren't that interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure, but they won't let you be really alive, in fact they won't let you be anything more than an observer of your life... It's self-destruction without any advantage other than a false sense of safety...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The safety is not "false", it is secure and comforting.

    ReplyDelete