Thursday, October 15, 2009

Body and Soul

BODY AND SOUL

A man and a woman sat by a window that opened upon Spring. They sat close one unto the other. And the woman said, "I love you. You are handsome, and you are rich, and you are always well-attired."
And the man said, "I love you. You are a beautiful thought, a thing too apart to hold in the hand, and a song in my dreaming."
But the woman turned from him in anger, and she said, "Sir, please leave me now. I am not a thought, and I am not a thing that passes in your dreams. I am a woman. I would have you desire me, a wife, and the mother of unborn children."
And they parted.
And the man was saying in his heart, "Behold another dream is even now turned into mist."
And the woman was saying, "Well, what of a man who turns me into a mist and a dream?"

From:
The Wanderer
Kahlil Gibran

No comments:

Post a Comment